Monday, August 7, 2006

Potty Training

For the past week (started 31 July) we've been potty training O. Goodness! I hope she picks up on this really soon, because it's really getting to me.

For 5 days straight she did not do anything in her little potty chair once. On Saturday, finally, she peed and pooped in the potty! YEA!!! I was so excited. I really needed that little spark of hope. Yesterday (Sunday) she did a little poop and then right before going to bed peed in the potty!!! YEA!!!! Again, I was very excited. In between there has been nothing but accidents. She doesn't care if she poops in her panties. It's been very frustrating.

O looked pretty surprised to be peeing on the potty last night. I just sat her there, knowing she had to pee. We had gone out for dinner with friends and I had O in a pull up. When we got home at 9pm she was dry and awake. She sat on the potty with no argument and when she started peeing was pretty surprised. She was very excited to get a third sticker on her chart. I was too.

Then this morning was back to having accidents. I am trying to be patient. It's very hard, but I'm doing well. I hope that this week she starts telling me when she has to go instead of telling me she IS going.

No comments: