Sunday, December 30, 2007

A Perfect Winter Day in Tahoe






O woke up this morning telling me "Mamma, can we go to our other home?" I started to tell her what our plans were for the next few days. Today, I told her, we're going to walk down to the lake. "Did you bring our swim suits?" she asked. I tried to explain she was not going to want to play in the water, but I don't think she believed me.

We (Nonna, CK, O and me) did walk down to the lake this morning. My idea of the perfect winter day in Tahoe. The sun is shining on the crisp white snow making it sparkle like glitter. The sky is a light blue with cotten ball clouds. It's just heaven.

We stopped at the park on the way down to the lake. The girls possed with the bear carving. As soon as we got down to the lake guess where O went first? Yep! The water. I thought she would fall in for sure. She kept falling face first into the snow. I told her if you fall in the lake, I'm going to take your picture first, then I'll save you.

What a beautiful day. Maybe we'll have to go back down to the lake tomorrow.

No comments: