Our adventure in home repair and a little remodel continues. It's been quite a week!
I'll start with the bad news. (I want to end on a positive note.) Yesterday when they were demoing our old kitchen floor the contractor and flooring guys found Subterranean Termites! YES! AAAAHH! So.... the "bug guy" is here now squirting poison foam into the wall and ground outside the house to kill the little suckers. Good thing we decided to upgrade to laminate flooring. If we had just replaced the carpet with carpet, we wouldn't have found these little pests!
On a more positive note. Demolition of the rest of the carpet and baseboards was done on Wednesday. O was able to help our contractor with removing the baseboards. A benefit of only being in school for half a day. Notice the gloves. She had to go and get her gloves so she would match Mr. P.



The flooring is beautiful! We absolutely love it! The girls have already "sock skated" on it last night and this morning.
Oh, the other thing that was finished this week was the stucco under the front window. I didn't take pictures of that yet, but it looks beautiful! Just needs to be painted. The stucco guy rocks!
The painters should be here next week, Monday I think. I'll let you know how that looks when it's done. We won't be able to paint everything right now. With all the added expense, some painting will have to wait. I just want my house back together! We'll be painting this spring and summer.



1 comment:
Wow! The floors are beautiful! Mike and Josh "sock skate" too. I would totally recommend the Dyson All Floors vaccuum. It is a life saver when you have wood, carpet and linoleum throughout your house.
Post a Comment