
I must admit, I don't know a lot about Chinese New Year. Wanting to learn more, I looked it up on the web.
There are many traditions on what to say, what not to say, what to wear, what to do, what not to do during the New Year celebration or at least on New Years Day. Many taboos and superstitions. The celebration, I have learned is 15 days long.
I haven't done very well, but I didn't know any better. That's gotta count for something....right?
The good news, I have not cleaned today. I have not swept my house at all today. This is good. You don't want to sweep good fortune away.
The bad news, My house is dirty. I was suppose to clean it before today, so that today it would be clean. There is even a special way to clean.
I'll try and do better next year.
I wish you good fortune and good health for this year of the Ox.
1 comment:
thanks for the reminder! I need to get my little red envelopes ready for your girls!
Post a Comment