Sunday, May 24, 2009

Major Cleaning of Girls Room - Before & After

It took me a day and a half, but I did it! I cleaned, reorganized, separated toys and clothes to be donated, moved stuff out, moved stuff in.

The girls were great. I started on the room all by myself. It's SO much easier, but, like always, I told the girls they get to decide what toys get donated. They donated half of their stuffed animals (which is a lot of stuffed animals) and a lot of other toys as well. I'm very proud of them.

They did have an extra incentive to get rid of toys this time. I told them if they wanted their toy kitchen and table in their room we needed to clean up, reorganized and DONATE toys so it will fit. They stuck to their end of the bargain so I stuck to mine.

Here are some before and after pics.

BEFORE
Under the window is the girls baby cradle (haven't been able to part with it until now) filled with dress up clothes and some stuffed animals.

Bucket shelf unit filled with toys and books. Never a great plan for the books, but never got around to changing this until now.

Entire room. YIKES! What a mess!


AFTER
Entire room. MUCH better. Looks twice as big!

Got rid of shelf bucket unit. Kept the buckets. This bookshelf was in the family room. Works great here. Looks like a big girl room now!

As promised....play kitchen and table. I can't believe they fit perfect here! The girls played with it as soon as I was done with the room.

Next...Mommy & Daddy's room, garage, and office. One room at a time. I will get this house organized!

2 comments:

mcmcolospgs said...

You inspired me too! I have accomplished the play room, swapped out winter/fall clothes with spring/summer clothes and stored the bins, cleaned out the junk drawer, listed a bunch of stuff on eBay, have my donation bag ready to go to Goodwill tomorrow AND started phase 1 of the office cleanup. I think that is the most productive I have been in quite some time. Tomorrow I think I will buy some plastic bins for storage of some other things that don't yet have a good home. It's so freeing, isn't it?!

T said...

WOW woman! I think you accomplished a lot more than I did. Did you do this all today?

It is freeing. I can't wait until it's done!