Monday, August 3, 2009

Girl Scout Day Camp

This year my niece joined us. I thought she might enjoy some girl time and a week of Girl Scout Day Camp with two of her girl cousins should take care of that. It did....big time!

The three girls got alone great. There was absolutely no fighting, crankiness, or bickering, until the 6th day when CB was going to be going back home.

CB missed mommy and daddy, of course, but Auntie T was right there with big hugs when she felt sad. We called mommy and daddy every night. O took good care of CB all day at camp. They were in the same little unit and O made sure CB wasn't sad. She took very good care of her cousin.

Make new friends, but keep the old.
One is silver, and the other gold.

A circle is round, it has no end.
That's how long, I will be your friend.


One of the many Girl Scout and camp songs the girls and I sang all week. Many...many...over...and over....all year long.....

Crafts, creek walking, Girl Scout traditions, new friends, old friends, bonding time with cousins. What a wonderful week. Nonna even came out for creek walking day. What a treat. The girls loved it!

The Monkey Bridge (rope bridge) was about 6' off the ground. It took 3 hours to put up, 45 minutes to take down, but a lifetime of memories! I'm so very proud of CK, CB, AND ME for going across the bridge! O got scared. She wanted to go, but was just too scared. That's fine. I told her she didn't have to do it and there were other girls who didn't do it either. O cheered me on big time when I went across. I was scared to death and told O that. I don't like heights, but I did it, I did it for my girls. For O. I wanted to show them that even though you might be scared there are some things you still need to do. I'm so glad I did! What an experience.

Look at that face! My beautiful sweet niece. I enjoyed getting to know her better, hugs, girl time at camp, her laughter and that beautiful smile. Thanks J and B for letting her stay with us for the week. We had a fantastic week. Memories to last a lifetime!


No comments: