Saturday, April 3, 2010

Easter Memories

One of my most vivid memories from childhood is Easter at my grandmother's house. Every Easter, with out fail, she would have Peeps. I only remember the yellow ones at Grandma's house.

Peeps are not my favorite to eat. My grandmother must love them. In my mind's eye I can see the yellow Peeps in their boxes sitting on my grandmother's round living room table. I don't remember ever eating them. Just seeing them there.

Still to this day when I see Peeps I think of Grandma. For that reason, I love Peeps.

In honor of my Grandma the girls and I made Peeps Krispies Treats to bring to Easter at my parents house. I found the recipe online and thought they looked fun (so colorful) and sounded good.

They are yummy. Even if you're not a Peeps fan, they are a little sweeter than normal Rice Krispies Treats. I think they're going to be a hit.
Happy Easter

No comments: