Friday, October 21, 2005

Ironing Board Cover


I've had my ironing board with same cover on it for about 16 years. I thought it was time to get a new cover. Especially since I am getting cross marks in my clothing when I iron.

I thought I was so smart when I bought an ironing board cover at IKEA for $5. What a deal! When I tried to put the cover on, it seemed way to small. I thought that was funny, but figured in Sweden the ironing boards must be smaller. Oh well, I'll return it.

Today, I finally, went out and bought a cover for a standard size ironing board at Target. Went to put it on. Again, it seemed too small. About 1 or 2 inches. I checked the package - it did say standard size. I even measurred my ironing board to make sure. Yep. Should fit.

OH MY GOSH! It took ALL my strength to get that darn cover on that _______ ironing board. Good thing I didn't care about my nails, I think I broke a few. There really should be a warning on the package - Takes extreme strengh to put cover onto ironing board.

Now that I finally have a nice new cover ON my ironing board, I'm ready to make Halloween costumes. The easy part!

No comments: