We've had a fantastic vacation. I still need to write part 2 and 3 of our vacation. I haven't had time. As of this writing we are in our hotel room in Santa Barbara on our last day of vacation (sigh). I just have to tell you the story of the beautiful black dress in a downtown Santa Barbara store window.
My story starts on our first day of vacation, a week ago, when we were in Santa Barbara. We were walking downtown in the evening and C noticed this beautiful black dress in a store window. Just below the knee, sleeveless with a low v neck. Just beautiful.
C tells me, "You should get it." I say, "It's beautiful, but it's probably too much and I shouldn't spend too much money now." So we leave it at that and continue on our wonderful vacation.
Last night we stay in Santa Barbara again on our way home. First thing C say's, "I want to get you that black dress." Are you kidding?! We just spent a lot of money (for us right now) on hotel rooms and you want to buy me a black dress. I love it! It's a beautiful dress. Of course, I would LOVE to have it, but it's gonna be too expensive, but he's insistent we look at it so, who am I to say no?
We go to the store, Blue Bee Luxury (there is a series of Blue Bee stores in SB). We walk in and find the dress. It's beautiful, but walking into this store, I could tell (without looking at ANY prices) that there was not going to be anything in this place lower than $100! I hold up the dress (the girls are with us-very well behaved). I ask the sales lady if this is the dress in the window. She says, with a big smile, "Yes, IT is." C's face, lights up. He wants me to try it on, I can tell, but he doesn't say anything. I look at the front and back of the dress. The perfect little black dress. I could wear it for everything! I, very smoothly, look for the price tag (the sales lady is still standing right there). I'm not sure I read the price correctly, I look the dress over again and look at the price tag again. Yep, I read it right. OH - MY - GOSH!!!!!! I start to put the dress back and thank the sales lady, take the girls hands and walk out the store.
C at this point can't figure out what happened. I didn't try the dress on. He wanted me to try the dress on and gives me the sad puppy eyes. Once we are outside the store I say, "Do you know how much that dress cost?!" "No, how much?", he says. $935.00!!!!!!!!! His eyes just about POPPED out of his head. "Are you KIDDING?!" "NO"
I told him I didn't want to try it on, have it fit perfect, fall in love with it and then not be able to buy it. There is just NO way we could afford that dress. I told him if it was $150 even $200, I would, at least, try it on. But $935....NO WAY! So, the beautiful little black dress stayed in the window at Blue Bee Luxury. It might be there a very long time.
We continued walking downtown to find a place for dinner. CK asks "Mommy, when we get home can we count all my money in both my piggy banks?" I tell her, "Sure, why?" My sweet, sweet girl tells me, "Because I want to see if I have enough money to buy you that dress." This has been the best vacation ever!
No comments:
Post a Comment