




On Monday we packed up the Suburban and headed for Southern California. Our trip will last 10 days and we will have several stops.
We start by just driving to Santa Barbara. We normally stop here for lunch when we go to So. Cal., but this time we thought we would spend the night. We arrived in Santa Barbara about 4pm. After checking into our hotel, we headed downtown to walk around and have dinner. We love this town. Someday we'll have to spend more time here.
The next day we headed for sunny San Diego. Another favorite city!!!! C has history here with UCSD and we still have a very good friend who lives here. We arrived at about 3pm and then met J for dinner. Wednesday, we promised the girls we would spend the day at the beach. Their absolute FAVORITE place in the world to be! We had a great breakfast at Brockton Villa Inn. Now this is the life! You sit outside at this tiny place. I guess they have seating inside. I have NO idea--never been inside. You sit overlooking the ocean in La Jolla!!! After our wonderful breakfast (Coast Toast!!) we drove down a few blocks and went to La Jolla Shores and spent the day on the beach....just like we promised. The girls were in heaven. They played in the sand, ran in the water, even jumped waves with daddy. J joined us at the beach until lunch then she had to get to work.
Today we went to Sea World. What a fun place! J joined us. We had a great time. Saw the Dolphins, Killer Whales, Penguins, Sea Lions, Polar Bears, Beluga Whales.....and much more. I'll write more about our Sea World visit next entry--once I download those pics. Just too tired to do that all now.
Tonight we had dinner with J and another friend who happened to be in town this weekend. It's been a very long day. O tells me during dinner, "Mommy, I'm sorry, I can't do it anymore." Meaning, she couldn't stay awake any longer. I had her sit on my lap and within 2 minutes she was sound asleep. Poor thing. Both girls were SO good today. O got cranky at Sea World, but who could blame her. It was so hot and she was so tired. We have had a great time in San Diego. Tomorrow we'll go to Temecula. We can't wait!
I'll try and add Sea World pics tomorrow. Can't promise anything. So many pictures.....so little time. I'll send out pics, for sure, when I get back. Here are a few from our first few days. C helped me choose them. I think I would have chosen other pics of me, but he liked this one.
No comments:
Post a Comment