Thursday, July 10, 2008

A Perfect Day in San Diego




Today we went to La Jolla Shores Beach. This is the beach we spend the day at every San Diego vacation. Usually JK is able to play hooky from work and join us, but not today. (Sorry JK! We missed you!)

As you can see the girls had a great time, running and playing on the beach and in the water. I forgot to bring sand toys, but that didn't stop our two little beach bunnies.


We sat right by the lifeguard station. I was watching the lifeguard since he opened the station that morning. They never do anything but sit in the lifeguard station. Nothing ever happens. Not that I want something bad to happen or someone to get hurt. Don't get me wrong, It would just be cool to see the lifeguard do something else. Well, I got my wish. All of a sudden the lifeguard grabbed his stuff and ran out to the water. I immediately looked to see if someone was hurt (as I grabbed for my camera). No one seemed to be hurt (thank goodness). C and I watched to see what he was going to do. He scolded a couple of girls who were boogie boarding where they weren't suppose to. That was the best reason to see the lifeguard in action. No one needed to get hurt for me to see him run down to the water.



After spending the morning and lunch at the beach we headed over to UTC (University Town Center) Mall. It's a beautiful outdoor mall. (Westfield Shopping Town, of course.) The kids play area is even outside. I told C our girls were not allowed to go to UCSD for school. We'd be broke. This is too nice of a mall for them to go to school so close.

They had this beautiful fountain that had dolphin sculptures in it. It was beautiful. I love this image of the girls with the fountain. Too bad people get in the way! I'll try to Photoshop this guy out. It'll take a little time. Just pretend you don't see that guy.

With C's blessing I bought myself a San Diego souvenir--a bikini! It's beautiful--white with flowers on it. If we go to the beach tomorrow, I'll wear it. Otherwise, I'll wear it at CC's (our next stop on our San Diego vacation). I'll post pics then. I haven't had a bikini since C and I were first married. I'm excited. Thank you Honey!

We went to The Fishery for dinner. We had a fantastic dinner. Not just because of the wonderful food, atmosphere and the fact we are on vacation, but C and I received the absolute best compliment two parents could receive! In the middle of dinner this women, who was leaving with her husband, stopped and told us they could not take their eyes off our children. They were so well behaved (as she patted C on the back). OMG, I just about cried. I hate to brag, but it just made us feel so good, SO PROUD of our girls! Validation that we are doing something right. (The yelling all day is sinking in. ) The girls were all smiles when we explained what the women said and how very proud we are of them and to say we are their parents.

A perfect ending to a perfect day. Another perfect vacation day is in store tomorrow. We will start our day with breakfast with JK, her brother (and family) and her mom. After that, who knows....

No comments: