Most of you know, we have water damage from all the bad storms this past winter. It has taken me until now to get a contractor (spoke to three different guys-lost one because of the insurance company), get money from the insurance and get things started. It's been a nightmare! This is the very short version.


My patients and persistence has paid off. I have a wonderful contractor and after being in our home for 11 years we will finally get some work done. This water damage is truly a blessing in disguise.

The leak - the water came from the roof so we have water damage to the front of the house and the back of the house. Damage - the bottom of our front living room wall. The carpet is also damaged, so we have to replace that. We also have damage at our back family room wall. Now, keep in mind, that is only what we can see from the outside. Once the walls are opened up-who knows what kind of damage is in there.

Demolition starts on Monday. (YEAH-finally!) I will post pictures to my blog throughout this wonderful project to keep you all updated. Once the walls are all opened up my contractor will do a water test to the roof to make sure the leak has been fixed. I don't want to go through all this again!
We are thinking of upgrading to a hard surface flooring instead of carpet for the first floor. I can't wait to paint. I'm excited to get some color on the walls.
In the mean time, between now and Monday morning at 8am, we will need to completely pack up the family room. The entire room needs to be empty. The entire living room also needs to be empty, but the dinning room is okay. We will be rearranging the furniture, putting things in the garage. Thank goodness we cleaned that out 1-1/2 years ago! We'll probably put the piano in the dinning room. CK and C need to be able to practice.
It will be a mess for three or four weeks, but will be beautiful when it's finished. The leak fixed, the damage fixed, new flooring, painted walls. I'm so excited!
No comments:
Post a Comment