I have been so busy, it was getting too close to Halloween Parade day at school for O. Several days ago, she came to me crying (big crocodile tears) afraid I wasn't going to finish in time. I tried to convince her that I would finish. Even if I needed to stay up all night on Thursday. She didn't totally believe me or trust me. I'm not sure why.
CK seemed to be okay. Trusting that I would finish in time, but she is different. She won't say. She internalizes.
Thursday afternoon I finished O's Tinkerbell costume. She was so excited. So proud, and felt much better. Now she was worried I wasn't going to finish CK's costume.
5:30am O woke up. 5:30AM!!!! Went to the office to check on my progress from the night before. Came to my bed with joy in her voice, "You FINISHED!" YES, I said I would. My sweet girl then asks me "Did you have to stay up all night? Did you get any sleep?" Yes, my dear sweet girl, I went to bed at normal time and got some sleep. UNTIL 5:30am!
Once CK woke up I had her try on her costume. "It's beautiful!" she says. "You finished it." I knew she was worried a little too. She just won't say. I promised the girls I would start earlier next year, but they need to do their part and decide earlier.
Today at the school Halloween Parade the girls proudly showed off their costumes and made sure to tell eveyone "My mommy made it!"
Official Halloween Portraits will be tomorrow, right before Trick-or-Treating, but here are pics from today.
After school we went to a local farm/pumpkin patch. It's a wonderful old fashioned pumpkin patch. Plus I like the idea of supporting one of our local farmers. Here are some pics:



Here are the Jack-O-Lanterns we carved from our pumpkins. I love doing this as a family. From left to right; C's, mine, O's, CK's. The girls designed their own and CK carved her own.




No comments:
Post a Comment