Friday, June 27, 2008

Sunset

The girls and I saw the strangest sunset tonight. We were on our way home from dinner out with friends and saw this giant red glowing sun through the fire smokey air. A giant glowing ball low in the sky. We raced home (very safely) to grab my camera and tripod. We went up the hill behind us to try and find a good spot to take photos, but we were too late. The sun had set too fast for us. The girls were disappointed. O says "I hate missing stuff!" Poor thing.

I told them with the sunset you need to be fast to get the shot. CK says "You need to just always have your camera with you." YES, Miss Smarty Pants. She's right, but it's just not possible to always have it.

On the bright side, I did find a great spot for the future. It overlooks part of the city. We'll try again tomorrow night. With all this smoke in the air from all the fires, it should be the same tomorrow night. We'll be in Sacramento. We'll see what we get up there.

No comments: