Thursday, August 28, 2008

Chores

If you have read my Busy Moms Culinary Club blog (link to the right) you know I've started a new chore planner system. I love that someone else has made my chore list for me. I try to complete all my chores every day. It doesn't always happen, but my house is already cleaner and I feel better, even after just one week on this planner. I just need to take 15 - 20 minutes a day and do my chores. Doesn't seem that hard in theory.

The other day C was working and after dinner I told the girls I would like them to help me with the chores. I showed them my list and I started assigning chores. They were very excited. (go figure-lets roll with this while they're excited!)

Sweep kitchen floor = O
Wipe out bathroom sinks = Mommy, CK and O
Feed cat = O
Vacuum 1st floor = CK
Clean toilets = Mommy and CK
Clean bathroom mirrors = Mommy
Replenish stock of toilet paper in bathrooms = CK and O

Both girls wanted to learn how to clean out the bathroom sinks and CK wanted to clean the toilets. Really? Fine by me! Although, before being married and having kids, I liked to clean too.

I showed both girls the disinfectant wipes and how to clean out the sink and counter. Telling them to wash their hands really good after, of course. I showed CK how to put the toilet bowl cleaner in the toilet and scrub the toilet with the brush. She was excited to learn how to clean the toilet. Great! She can have that job! After cleaning the bathrooms, CK vacuumed the entire 1st floor. 

It wasn't all done perfect, but we had fun doing it all together and it even went pretty fast. We were done in no time and still had time to play before bedtime! Chores and cleaning is so much fun with my daughters!

4 comments:

mcmcolospgs said...

I could not agree with you more! I am LOVING the chore list. At first I was feeling a little defeated if I didn't accomplish everything for that day, but then I made peace with the fact that at least I am trying, and no matter what, I still have a sense of accomplishment! I am so glad someone else is getting good use out of it besides me!! I sent it to a few other people who responded immediately with, "UGH! Too intimidating!!" and they never gave it a shot. I am feeling way more organized now than I ever have!! : )

T said...

I felt the SAME way at first. Stressed, like I needed to get everything done. Then I read the website for the planner and it said not too worry about missing something it will come back around. YEAH! Once I read that, I felt so much better.

I also feel a sense of accomplishment. My light bulb moment was realizing I didn't need to clean every bathroom top to bottom in one darn day! What an idea! One part a day. Love it!

Thanks MM!

T said...

P.S. I wish I had found this 6 years ago!

Nonna said...

congratulations on getting the kids both involved in the chores. When they're little it's all so new and exciting and "grown up" that they actually want to! But then soon as they get old enough to really do a great job, you can't get them to do them anymore. I speak from experience. Good job, Mommy!