
Anxious, a little nervous, joy, excitement, meeting new friends, and catching up with old ones. Our big 2nd Grader and Kindergartner both had great first days.CK was a little nervous. She didn't know her teacher, but she had a class filled with kids she knew. She has a great teacher. Great class. All very well behaved kids. This is going to be a great year, I can tell.
O was so excited she couldn't wait to get to school. We got there about 25 minutes early. Lots of time for Mommy to take pictures in front of the door, and in front of the school sign.
O went right into her classroom, picked out her name tag and knew to go straight to find her cubby. She was sitting on the rug in 2 minutes flat. Didn't need to be told what to do.
I was so proud of myself, I didn't even have one tear, UNTIL I saw another Kinder mom sobbing. Her husband had his arm around her consoling her. I saw her and lost it! Darn it!C took me out to breakfast to celebrate. Both children in school. I have five mornings a week with no children. Wow. This will take some adjustment. I need to get into a new routine.
O came running out of her classroom after school with a huge smile on her face. She is so excited to be in Kindergarten AND at the same school as her big sister.
I stopped to see CK at lunch (right before picking up O). She was eating with her friends and was having a great day. No more nerves. When we picked her up after school I asked how her first day was she said, "Fantastic."
2 comments:
YAY! Congratulations!! What ever will you do with your time now?? lol
I've got a list a mile long. : )
Post a Comment