O woke up at 6:30am this morning. I'm a bad parent and she sits and watches cartoons in my room. CK is still asleep. At 7am O comes to me and says "We need to make a surprise breakfast for Daddy and Kiki."
WHY? I want to sleep. I put her off and put her off. CK wakes up, I still put her off. I'm tired, I was up late last night paying bills and crocheting (I'll tell you what I'm making in another post).
Finally, I get up and O and I go downstairs to make this surprise breakfast for Daddy and Kiki. O pulls out the box of cereal, "Kiki and me will have this cereal."
"No way," I tell her. "If we're doing this, we're doing it right." I ask her "Do you want pancakes or waffles?" "Pancakes." Great.
I tell O, you set the table and I'll start breakfast. This is our breakfast; banana pancakes (from scratch-ran out of Bisquick), breakfast sausage, juice, milk, and coffee. O set the table with; yellow, green, & red Provence place mats, orange paper napkins, forks, knives, butter, maple syrup, and flowers. (orange paper napkins? I wasn't going to say anything.)
I keep the pancakes warm in the oven until I'm done making them all. Then O goes and tells Daddy and Kiki breakfast is ready. They loved it.
It was a very good breakfast, I must admit. It's all thanks to little O who wanted to make a surprise breakfast for Daddy and Kiki. How sweet.
No comments:
Post a Comment