I did was to not put any toys back downstairs and only have some books and all the girls board games. The girls have sat and read or played a board game every day since I put the bookcase back in the family room. It's been great.The girls don't miss not having any toys downstairs. They play with their toys in their room anyway. After three and a half months with the house upside down, that was the only place they had to play.
Last weekend, my sister was in town with her daughter and my nephew. After dinner the kids sat and played board games. They had a great time. I loved seeing them play some of the wonderful board games we have.
2 comments:
It must be nice not to have toys all over the main areas of the house. We have toys busting at the seems in both our living room and family room and the kid's bedrooms.
It is, but you know for 7 years there were toys all over our family room as well as in the girls room. As the kids get older they play differently, and play with different toys. When they were babies and toddlers I wanted them to be playing in the family room. Now that they are older, I still want them in the family room, but they can be playing board games or read.
It will change for you as well. Your guys are still little.
Post a Comment